The Microsoft 365 Connection links your Staffbase platform directly to content in Microsoft 365 apps, like SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Outlook, and OneNote. Once signed in, your users can search for and access Microsoft content via your internal communications platform. With a pre-built sign-in experience provided by Staffbase, establishing a connection to Microsoft 365 is easy. Additionally, you can customize and brand the Microsoft 365 sign-in flow for your users according to your needs.
Configuring the Connection to Microsoft 365
- You are Azure Global Admin or you are in contact with your Azure Global Admin to configure the connection properly in Azure.
- In the Experience Studio, navigate to Settings.
- Click Microsoft Connections.
- In the Microsoft 365 section, click Add.
The dialog to add a Microsoft Connection opens.
- Select the type of MS connector app you want to use for the sign-in flow:
- Use custom Microsoft app
- Enables you to create branded sign-in screen and manage multi-tenant accounts. A custom Microsoft app needs to be created in the Microsoft Azure Portal. Contact your IT department for assistance and for the client ID and secret of your custom Microsoft app.
- Use default app provided by Staffbase
- Uses a Staffbase-branded sign-in screen and is easy to set up.
- Select for which users the data should be made accessible via the Microsoft 365 connection under Visibility in the app.
- Click Add. You have added the Microsoft 365 Connection to your Staffbase-Platform.
- Activate the toggle for the Microsoft 365 Search and confirm activation in the dialog to enable it for your users.
- Inform your Azure AD Global Admin to get the connection confirmed.
You have configured the connection to Microsoft 365. Your users will now be able to sign-in and search for Microsoft 365 content directly from your internal communications platform.