The Absence plugin with the SAP® HCM connector enables employees to request leave of absence within the Staffbase App on their mobile devices or a desktop workstations. With the SAP® HCM connector, all data is processed between your on-premise SAP® HCM system and the the employee app in real-time; however, the data is not saved on Staffbase servers.
With the Absence plugin with SAP® HCM connector employees can handle their leaves of absence directly in the app:
- overview of upcoming, ongoing and past leaves
- request a new leave of absence
Configuring the Absence Plugin with SAP® HCM Connector
The SAP® Absence plugin currently works only with the SAP® absence type "0100", which is the standard "leaves with quota".
You need to agree to the data being processed by our technology partners that provide the infrastructure for the connector. Contact your Customer Success Manager to get further information.
Preparing the SAP® HCM Connector
The following steps for preparing the SAP® HCM connector, can only be done by an IT admin on the customer side. If you need further information or assistance, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
- In your on-premise SAP® system, set up a technical user with the necessary rights.
- Set up the local part of the integration server.
- Set up the connection to the Staffbase integration server by providing the credentials of your SAP® connection.
- Send the details of your local integration server to Staffbase.
- Staffbase registers your local integration server. The registration, in turn, establishes the connection between your local server and the Staffbase server.
Installing the Absence Plugin in Your App
- In the admin interface, navigate to Add plugin.
- Click Install for the Absence plugin.
- Type a name for the plugin. The name is visible in the menu of the app.
The plugin is installed.
- Select the SAP® HCM connector.
- Click Save.
Setting Up the Absence Plugin in Your App to Use the SAP® HCM Connector
- In the admin interface, navigate to Settings > Profile fields.
- Add a new field with the following settings:
- Titel: hrintegrationid
- Type: Text
- Visibility: disabled
- Protection: disabled
- Tagging: disabled
- Fill in the SAP® personnel number. This can also be done automatically by user data synchronization.
Publish the Absence Plugin
- In the admin interface, navigate to the Absence plugin you want to publish.
- Click Publish.