SAP has apps that support companies in the HR processes. With SAP Fiori, they offer a device-independent interface on which the service apps are presented to the employees and managers. There are lots of self-service apps available, like Leave Requests, Paystubs, and Time Tracking. Users see only the SAP Fiori Apps that are related to their role. So an employee will see different SAP Fiori Apps from a manager.
You can add an SAP Fiori Launchpad into your employee app and offer a seamless workflow for your employees.
Installation and Configuration of SAP Fiori Launchpad in Staffbase
Adding the SAP Fiori Plugin to Your App
Add the SAP Fiori plugin to your app.
- Add the SAP Fiori plugin to your app.
- Provide a title and set the visibility.
- Click Add SAP Fiori.
- Set the URL to your SAP Fiori URL that you can copy and paste from your internet browser.
The app admin can use either a link to a specific SAP Fiori App or to the whole SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- Click Publish.
Configuring the Authentication
There are several options to configure the authentication:
- The easiest way, and recommended by Staffbase, is to use the same identity provider for SAP Fiori and your employee app. This works best and creates a seamless experience for the users.
- If you use only the identity provider for signing into SAP Fiori and have a different way to sign in to the app, then the embedding of SAP Fiori into the employee app works but requires additional sign-in steps for the user.
- There are other options for signing into SAP Fiori and the employee app can be set up depending on your specific use case.
To set up the authentication correctly for all options, contact Staffbase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Configuring SAP Fiori to Work with Staffbase
Configure the following things so that SAP Fiori can be displayed within the employee app:
- Add your employee app in the HTTP Whitelist to allow access to SAP Fiori from within the employee app. Make sure that the Whitelist service is active in your Internet Connection framework.
- To make your SAP Fiori applications accessible from outside your company network, configure the required URLs using a reverse proxy on top of your SAP gateway server. Staffbase recommends keeping your ERP and the gateway system in your local network and not make them accessible from the outside in general.
Contact Staffbase to get detailed information and support on the required setup for your use case.
What does the SAP Launchpad look like for my employees?
On a mobile device, the SAP Fiori Launchpad or SAP Fiori App is opened in the in-app browser:
When you use your employee app in the internet browser, the SAP Fiori Launchpad or SAP Fiori App is embedded into the web app.
Article is closed for comments.