Highlights of this release
All features mentioned will be available with the rollout on January 23, 2019:
- Office 365 meets Staffbase! We are providing new and enhanced options for integrating your Microsoft tools:
- Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint: Easily synchronize news created in SharePoint with your Staffbase app. The add-in is available on Microsoft AppSource.
- Staffbase News Webpart for SharePoint: Easily embed a Staffbase newsfeed in your SharePoint environment. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for details.
- Staffbase News for Microsoft Teams: Receive notifications about new posts in your Microsoft Teams channel and display them in a specific Microsoft Teams tab. This integration will be available on Microsoft AppSource soon.
- Third party developers can now utilize our notifications API (Beta) to send notifications using the app. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for details.
- This release adds 9 more languages to the app interface: Traditional Chinese, Bulgarian, Croatian, Lithuanian, Serbian, Finnish, Slovenian, Greek, and Danish.
- Badges for unread content or chat messages are now displayed on folders in the sidebar to help users find new updates deep in the menu.
- It is possible to play audio files directly in the Staffbase app without the need to download them first. This feature is currently available as a preview and can be activated through your Customer Success Manager.
- You can now view PDF documents directly within your desktop web app. You can zoom in and out of the document and copy text easily. This feature is currently available as a preview and can be activated through your Customer Success Manager.
- The forms plugin has been re-designed to match the design and user experience of your employee app.
- The event registration, calendar and Christmas calendar now support multilingual content.
- Space admins can access the analytics dashboard and get insights specific to their space. The data is filtered according to the access rights of each space admin.
- You can now reset confirmation for legal documents. This requires all users to re-acknowledge your current legal documents before being able to enter the app again. In older versions of the app, users are signed out when new confirmation is requested. After signing in they can confirm the documents and use the app again.
The app update is available starting January 23, 2019. To learn more about our new features also read our blogpost and watch the release video.
- Custom CSS styling can now be applied to individual pages and folders within your app.
- Accessibility for visually impaired users has been improved for most of the main components including news, menu and pages.
- In the event registration plugin, it is now possible to edit events with start dates in the past. This allows admins to update event content and keep participants updated.
- It is now easier to test the setup of your Christmas calendar. Your Customer Success Manager can activate a functionality test, which enables you to see how each day in the calendar will appear to the user. For admins, this means that you do not need to switch the date on your local device anymore in order to see how a question or text will look on a certain day.
- You can now use links in the text input for Christmas calendar entries. This enables you to set up links to external content as well as to internal content from your employee app.
- The export file in the time tracking plugin now shows the name and internal user ID of the employee who tracked their working time.
- In the analytics content tab, individual items are now linked to open the corresponding content.
- The list of news channels in the analytics dashboard is now also filtered by selected spaces.
- We optimized loading times when using high-resolution image galleries in the news and page editor.
- To keep your data as secure as possible and meet our high data protection standards, CSV files for user imports are now automatically deleted from the server a few days after processing.
- Access codes are a simple and popular way to invite new employees without an email address or username to the app. We increased the security of this feature by extending the minimum length of automatically created codes. You can still choose to use shorter access codes when importing your own.
- Some users on Android were sporadically signed out of the app. Stability has been improved to reduce these cases.
- Rotation of Android devices during video playback was not detected correctly. This is fixed.
- 3D Touch (force touch) on iOS devices, which triggers various actions through firmly pressing the screen, was not properly recognized in the app and led to errors. This has been fixed in the new version.
- Navigation arrows to switch between news articles on the start page were not shown in the first load on iOS. This has been fixed.
- After closing a fullscreen video in landscape mode on iOS, the top bar of the app was overlapping with the iOS system status bar. This is fixed now.
- Editing profile pictures taken at a high resolution could cause the app to crash. We fixed this.
- In rare cases, users received push notifications twice. This has been resolved.
- The LDAP user sync between your AD and Staffbase sometimes did not properly update user groups. This works reliably now.
- After uploading an image to a form the submit button sometimes disappeared. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes if a user switched to the previous submissions page some of the form submissions were not visible. This has been fixed and all form submissions are visible now.
- When using a custom layout for form emails, the text of the email sometimes got cut off. The text is being displayed correctly now.
Event Registration and Calendar
- We fixed issues with the button for exporting events in the calendar and event registration plugins.
- When a global admin or editor viewed an event in the calendar plugin the end date was not shown correctly. This has been fixed.
- Switching quickly between lists in the user management section could cause several user filter bars to be displayed. This is fixed.
- When working with very large image galleries the image previews were sometimes not shown. This works now.
- At peak usage times search was occasionally responding slower than usual in the German data center. This has been fixed.
- The latest activities were not shown in the analytics widget of the dashboard. This has been fixed now.
- The time filter "this week" in the analytics dashboard was occasionally selecting the wrong dates, e.g. when using this in the US. This is working correctly now.
- When applying the time filter over a longer period of time in the analytics dashboard, the timeline of the chart was sometimes not generated correctly. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes when selecting a certain content type via the filter in the analytics dashboard nothing was shown despite data being available. That has been fixed.
- When a post was originally created with scheduled publishing, the publishing was not counted in analytics. This has been fixed.
- The number of engaged users was not displayed correctly in the analytics dashboard when more than one filter was applied. The number is shown correctly now.
- The number of active users in analytics was incorrect. This only affects data between November 30 and December 7, 2018.
- When grouping the results in analytics by week, that the data was sometimes calculated incorrectly. In order to fix this, the possibility to group data by weeks is no longer available.
- When data was requested from different time zones, the result could be grouped improperly. This has been fixed and the data is now grouped correctly.