The Microsoft® Teams App Staffbase News Connector for Teams informs you about new posts in Staffbase and displays them in a dedicated tab.
This app is not available for independent users, it is an enterprise solution for large enterprises. Purchasing, sign-up and configuration of our app is only possible on enterprise level by IT admins.
Installation and Configuration in Microsoft® Teams
- To install the add-in for the first time, you must have the Global Administrator (Office 365®) role.
- Once the installation has been done successfully, all further instances of the Staffbase News Connector in Microsoft® Teams can be added and configured by users of the role Owner in the respective teams.
Configuration of a Staffbase News Tab
- Navigate to the channel within your team to which you want to add a Staffbase News tab.
- Click + to open the Add dialog and select Staffbase News.
- Select your Staffbase environment:
- If your app is hosted at the US data center, select backend.staffbase.com.
- If your app is hosted at the German data center, select de.staffbase.com.
- Add an API token with editorial access to your Staffbase app.
- Select the Staffbase news channel to be displayed in the tab.
- Save the new tab.
Staffbase News Connector Bot Configuration
- Click ... to switch to the settings of your channel in teams.
- In the Connectors dialog, add the App News connector to the channel.
- Select a preferred language to be used for the notifications.
Staffbase articles that are not available in the selected language will be displayed in a suitable fallback language.
- Select whether to create a notifications in the Teams channel for all new posts in the Staffbase news channel or only for posts that come with push notifications.
- Save the connector configuration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does authentication between the two systems work?
Since the tab embeds the Staffbase news channel into Microsoft® Teams using an iFrame, separate authentication in Staffbase takes place within this tab. If you have configured SSO authentication between Microsoft® Teams and Staffbase, no re-authentication in Staffbase is required.
Can complete Staffbase newspages with their assigned news channels be displayed in the tab?
This is not possible with the Staffbase News Connector. However, you can configure a separate instance of the Staffbase News Connector—Tab and Connector—for each Microsoft® Teams channel.
Are comments and likes of articles synchronized between Microsoft® Teams and Staffbase?
As this is a visual embedding of the Staffbase news channel in Microsoft® teams, comments and likes are also created within the Staffbase platform.
When will I be informed about new posts in Staffbase?
In a 5-minute interval the connector checks whether there are new posts in your app.
Is the add-in compatible with all browsers?
The add-in is compatible with Internet Explorer® 11, Google Chrome™ browser, Firefox®, and Safari®.
If you are using Microsoft Edge® as browser, please ensure that the application domain is added as trusted site in the security settings of the browser:
- Open Internet Explorer® and click on the settings.
- Select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- In the section Trusted Sites, click on the sites button.
- In the dialog, add the URLs: