The Microsoft Teams App Staffbase News Connector for Teams informs you about new posts in Staffbase and displays them in a dedicated tab.
Installation and Configuration in MS Teams
To install the add-in for the first time, you must have the "Global Administrator" role in your Office 365 Tenant. Once this has been done successfully, all further instances of the Staffbase News Connector in MS Teams can be added and configured by users of the role "Owner" in the respective teams.
Configuration of a Staffbase News Tab
- Navigate to the channel within your team to which you want to add a Staffbase News tab
- Use "+" to open the "Add tab" dialog and select "Staffbase News".
- Select your Staffbase environment:
- If your app is hosted at the US data center, select backend.staffbase.com.
- If your app is hosted at the German data center, select de.staffbase.com.
- Add an API token with editorial access to your Staffbase app.
- Select the Staffbase news channel to be displayed in the tab.
- Save the new tab.
Staffbase News Connector Bot Configuration
- Use "..." to switch to the settings of your channel in teams.
- In the "Connectors" dialog, add the "App News" connector to the channel.
- Select the preferred language to be used for the notifications.
Note: If the selected language does not exist for a specific Staffbase article, a language fallback logic will take effect.
- Select whether to create a notification in the Staffbase Channel for all new posts in the Staffbase News Channel or only for "pushed" posts in the Teams Channel.
- Save the connector configuration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does authentication between the two systems work?
Since the tab embeds the Staffbase news channel into MS Teams using an iFrame, separate authentication in Staffbase takes place within this tab. If you have configured SSO authentication between MS Teams and Staffbase, no re-authentication in Staffbase is required.
Can complete Staffbase newspages (with several assigned Staffbase news channels) be displayed in the tab?
This is not possible with the Staffbase News Connector. However, you can configure a separate instance of the Staffbase News Connector (Tab & Connector) for each MS Teams channel.
Are comments and likes of articles synchronized between MS Teams and Staffbase?
As this is a visual embedding of the Staffbase news channel in MS teams, comments and likes are also created within Staffbase.
When will I be informed about new posts in Staffbase?
In a 5-minute interval, the connector checks whether there are new posts in your app.
Is the add-in compatible with all browsers?
The add-in is compatible with Internet Explorer 11, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. If you are using Microsoft Edge as browser, please ensure that the application domain is added as trusted site in the security settings of the browser. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the settings (gear icon) in the top right corner
- Select Internet Options
- Select the Security tab
- Under the Trusted Sites option, click on the sites button and add the URLs in the dialog box that opens: