In order to make the Workday Absence widget available to your users, you need to add the widget to the Staffbase platform. Then, you need to configure it to make it available for users on their employee app or intranet.
Adding the Absence Widget
Once you have generated the absence report and defined the identifier for users, you can add the widget to the Staffbase platform. This establishes the connection between Workday and the Staffbase platform to display the absence report that was generated.
- You have completed the pre-configuration steps for the Absence widget.
- In the Studio, navigate to the page to which you want to add the widget.
- Click + icon on the editor toolbar.
The Add widget dialog opens.
- Select the Workday Absence widget.
The configuration dialog for the widget opens.
Optionally, provide a title.
The title will be displayed above the widget and be visible to your users.
Deselect the mobile icon, so that the visibility is set for desktop users only.
Currently, the widget is available only on desktop devices.
- Select for which users you want to make the widget visible for under Visibility in the app.
- Click OK.
You have added the Absence widget to a page.
Publish the page.
You have published the page and now the page content is available to users.
Test the widget with limited visibility before making it available to all your target users.
Configuring the Absence Widget
Unlike other widgets, you configure the Absence widget in the user view of the Staffbase platform not in the Studio. The Administrator or Editor configures it one-time in their end-user view to make it available to the intended users.
- You have received the web service URL of the absence report from your Workday administrator.
- You have defined the identifier for users for whom you want to make the widget available.
You have already set up a Workday account that has the required permissions for viewing all the data displayed in the absence report.
Your Workday Administrator can help you set up this account.
- In the app or intranet, navigate to the page to which you added the Absence widget.
- Click Configure Widget.
The dialog to configure the widget opens.
- Provide username and password to the Workday account, which was set up for the absence report that was created in Workday.
- In the Absences Report URL, provide the URL you received from the Workday administrator.
- Click Save.
You have successfully configured the Absence widget. Now your users can view an overview of their absence on their employee app or intranet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.