Workday widgets allows users to view their up-to-date organizational chart or absences in their employee experience platform or intranet.
The pre-configuration setup involves the following steps:
Once the pre-configuration steps are completed, you can configure each widget to make it available to your users.
Get the Report URL
To display the up-to-date organizational chart or absences from Workday in the Staffbase platform, you need to generate the respective report. Ask your Workday administrator to provide you with the URL of the respective report generated for each widget in Workday:
- Organizational chart report for the Org Chart widget
- Absence report for the Absence widget
The report requirements are:
- Advanced report type
- Functions as a web service
- Data is mapped correctly to be displayed in the Staffbase platform, such as:
If you need more information, get in touch with your Customer Success Manager. Once the report is generated, your Workday administrator can provide you with the URL.
Set up a Workday Account
After you have generated the report URLs, you need to set up a Workday account specifically for the Workday widgets. Then, you need to configure the Workday widgets with this Workday account, so that every time users access the widget from their employee app or intranet, a request is sent to Workday to access the report in Workday. Workday authorizes the request with the account credentials you configured in the widget.
Importing the Identifier for Users in the Staffbase Platform
To identify users in both systems correctly, the identifier of a user in Workday and the Experience Studio must match. The identifier can be an email address or a UserID based on how you configured it in Workday. Use CSV import, User API, SSO, or SCIM user synchronization to set the identifier for multiple users.
- You have the Workday identifier for each user for whom you want to make the Workday widgets available.
In the following instruction, an email address is used as the identifier.
- In the Experience Studio, navigate to Users > Registered users.
- Click Edit to edit the user profile.
The dialog to edit the user profile opens.
- In the Identifier field, provide the user’s Workday identifier.
- Click Save.
Additional Helpful Articles