The SharePoint® add-in Staffbase News Webpart for SharePoint® enables you to show a Staffbase newsfeed within your SharePoint®. Posts are opened and displayed within a modal dialog box.
Supported SharePoint® Versions
- SharePoint® Online (modern and classic experience)
- SharePoint® 2016 Server (classic experience)
- SharePoint® 2013 Server (classic experience)
Installing the Add-In a SharePoint® Site
- You must have the role Administrator for the site collection app catalog in SharePoint® to be allowed to install add-ins.
- Download the installation file.
Optionally, if you want to use the Staffbase News Webpart on modern experience, download Staffbase News Webpart Extension for Modern Pages.
- Log in to SharePoint®.
- Use the installation file to add the Staffbase News Webpart add-in to your to your tenant app catalog.
Optionally, if you want to use the Staffbase News Webpart on modern experience, install the extension.
- Navigate to the SharePoint® site, where you want to add the Staffbase Newsfeed Webpart.
- Navigate to Your Organization.
- Select the option App and add the Staffbase Newsfeed Webpart to the site.
Optionally, if you want to use the Staffbase News Webpart on modern experience, add the Staffbase News Webpart Extension for Modern Pages.
- Navigate to the view Site Contents.
- Open the Staffbase News Webpart.
After the add-in's initial page has successfully loaded, the add-in installation is completed.
Configuring the Add-In
- Navigate to the SharePoint® page in your website collection, where you want to display the Staffbase newsfeed.
- Switch to Edit mode on your SharePoint® page.
- Place the cursor in the webpart zone, where you want to display the Staffbase newsfeed.
- In the menu, go to the Add tab and open the App Part option.
- Select the Staffbase News Webpart and click add.
- Switch to the webpart editing mode of the newly added webpart.
- Expand the Staffbase News settings and enter the URL of your Staffbase news page or your Staffbase news channel.
- In the section Appearance, enter a title for your webpart.
- In the section Advanced, insert a URL link of your Staffbase news page or channel to be used in the title of your webpart.
- Optionally, select the checkbox for Use for Modern Page, if you want to use SharePoint® in modern experience mode.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does authentication between the two systems work?
Since the webpart embeds the Staffbase newsfeed in SharePoint® using an iFrame, separate authentication in Staffbase takes place within this webpart. If the user is already logged in within the browser, no new authentication in the webpart is necessary. If you have configured SSO authentication between SharePoint® and Staffbase, no re-authentication is required in Staffbase either.
Are SharePoint® pages with modern experience also supported?
SharePoint® pages with modern experience are supported. Add the Staffbase News Webpart extension according to the installation procedure.
Are comments and likes of posts synchronized between SharePoint® and Staffbase?
Since the Staffbase newsfeed is visually embedded in SharePoint®, comments and likes are also created within Staffbase.
How can I customize the Staffbase News Webpart view to match the specific design of my company/my SharePoint®?
It is possible to customize the newsfeed in the Staffbase admin interface with custom CSS.