The SharePoint add-in Staffbase News Webpart for SharePoint enables you to show a Staffbase newsfeed within your SharePoint. Posts are opened and displayed within a modal dialog box.
Supported SharePoint Versions
- SharePoint Online (classic experience)
- SharePoint 2016 Server (classic experience)
- SharePoint 2013 Server (classic experience)
In case you’d like to use the add-in on a SharePoint page with modern experience, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
You must have the role Administrator for the site collection app catalog in SharePoint to be allowed to install add-ins.
- Download the add-in installation file.
- Use the installation file to add the Staffbase News Webpart add-in to your site collection app catalog.
- Choose the add-in from the From Your Organization view and add it to your site.
- Navigate to the view Site Contents.
- Open the Staffbase News Webpart add-in.
After the add-in's initial page has successfully loaded, the add-in installation is completed.
- Navigate to the SharePoint page in your website collection where you want to display the Staffbase newsfeed.
- Switch to edit mode on your SharePoint page.
- Place the cursor in the webpart zone where you want to display the Staffbase newsfeed.
- In the menu, go to the Add tab and open the App Part option.
- Select the Staffbase News webpart and click add.
- Switch to the webpart editing mode of the newly added webpart.
- Unfold the Staffbase News settings and enter the URL of your Staffbase news page or your Staffbase news channel.
- In the section Appearance, enter a title for your webpart.
- In the section Advanced, insert a title URL link for your webpart.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does authentication between the two systems work?
Since the webpart embeds the Staffbase newsfeed in SharePoint using an iFrame, separate authentication in Staffbase takes place within this webpart. If the user is already logged in within the browser, no new authentication in the webpart is necessary. If you have configured SSO authentication between SharePoint and Staffbase, no re-authentication is required in Staffbase either.
Are SharePoint pages with modern experience also supported?
SharePoint pages with modern experience are currently not fully supported. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in using the webpart on a SharePoint page with modern experience.
Are comments and likes of posts synchronized between SharePoint and Staffbase?
Since the Staffbase newsfeed is visually embedded in SharePoint, comments and likes are also created within Staffbase.
How can I customize the Staffbase News Webpart view to match the specific design of my company/my SharePoint?
It is possible to customize the newsfeed in the Staffbase admin interface with custom CSS.