Once the Staffbase News Webpart has been installed and initialized for your SharePoint Site, the webpart is available for you to add to the page of your choice. The Staffbase News Webpart allows your users to view and interact with a Staffbase newsfeed directly from a page on your SharePoint Site.
- Permission to add and configure webparts on SharePoint pages.
- The skill set to add and configure webparts on SharePoint pages.
- You have downloaded the Staffbase News Webpart Extension for Modern Pages during installation.
Adding a Staffbase News WebPart to a Page
- On the desired SharePoint Site, navigate to the page on which you want to show the Staffbase News WebPart.
- Switch to edit mode on this page.
- Click the + button in the section you want to add the webpart to.
- Search Staffbase News and click the Staffbase News icon to add it to the section.
Configuring a Staffbase News WebPart in Modern Experience
- After adding the Staffbase News WebPart to a page, click Edit Web Part.
The settings dialogue opens.
- In the Staffbase News Settings section, paste the URL of your Staffbase news channel under Staffbase News URL.
- Optionally, enable a scrollbar in the webpart and adjust the dialog overlay size.
- Under Appearance configure the width and height of the webpart by selecting Resize to fit the page or by setting the width and height manually.
Use a minimum height of 400 pixels for the Staffbase News WebPart so that the full Staffbase login screen is visible to users. Using the default height of 200 pixels will cut off the login screen.
- Click Apply.
The configuration settings have been saved.
- Save the SharePoint page.
How Users Will View a Staffbase News WebPart in SharePoint