This release is packed: App usage statistics for admins; new languages; multi-language forms; new security features; and support for iOS® 12 and Android™ Pie!
These new features will be available with the rollout on October 16, 2018:
Following the preparation of the Analytics API in the last release, you can now view easily understandable charts and tables for different app usage metrics directly in the admin interface, as well as filter and export the statistics:
- News analytics
Track how articles and news channels are received by readers.
- Content analytics
See how often content is viewed and plugins are used.
- Chat analytics
Learn how actively your employees use the chat.
- User analytics
See numbers of active and engaged users as well as the total number of app users.
The analytics dashboard is included in the current Enterprise Package or otherwise available as an upgrade. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
The App Speaks Your Users’ Language
There are approximately 7,000 languages worldwide. Even though we can't offer you all of them, there are great language improvements included in this release:
- We’re working on offering the app interface in the 25 most popular languages. You can find the list of available languages in our support portal.
- This release adds Dutch, European Portuguese, Hungarian, Korean, and Swedish to the app interface.
- Additional localizations of the app interface are included in the extended language package, which you can order with your Customer Success Manager.
- Plugins are now also shown in the language selected by the user, and therefore behave like an integral part of the app.
- The Forms plugin can now be set up in different content languages, as is the case with news articles and pages in the app.
- In German, you can now adapt the app to your company language and select the informal "Du" language variant. This option can be activated by your Customer Success Manager.
Full Support for iOS® 12 and Android™ Pie
Try the new employee app on iOS® 12 and Android™ Pie!
Updates for iOS®:
- Thanks to the new rendering engine, the employee app loads even faster and more smoothly.
- Finally, the eagerly awaited support for HEIC format photos is available. You can now upload HEIC photos directly to the employee app without the need for the compatibility mode.
- End of support for iOS® 9.
Always great-looking on Android™:
- On devices with display cutouts (Notch), the employee app always works and looks good.
- Staffbase now supports adaptive launcher icons so that the app icon always looks the way you want. Staffbase has already adapted app icons for all existing customers.
- End of support for Android™ 4.1 to 4.3.
Security and Compliance Updates
Staffbase Information Security Management Systems has been certified as compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Although information security has been a key focus of Staffbase since our founding, we have now successfully updated our tools and processes in order to fulfill the industry-leading standard for information security. Now, more than ever, our customers can trust Staffbase.
Data security is particularly important for an employee app installed on employees' private smartphones. The following new features make your app even more secure:
- With the app lock, the app can only be opened if the mobile device is secured with a code. The app lock is activated company-wide by your Customer Success Manager.
- Session timeouts can now be handled more flexibly by administrators; for example, by setting a different timeout time for mobile devices than for computers.
- With the new encryption of data at rest, we even better protect your data stored in the data centers.
The app update is available starting October 16, 2018. To learn more about our new features also read our blogpost and watch the release video.
- From now on you will see the publication date of an article or picture post directly in the news feed.
- You can now easily link from your Staffbase app to another native app with the new distribution website from Staffbase used to open apps. Read our article on linking apps or contact your CSM for more information.
- Open groups got even more flexible. With the new visibility setting for open groups, you can now control which users have access to which open groups.
- If no image was uploaded to the update post, you will now see the author’s user avatar in the news post list view for editors.
- The analytics API now returns separate counts for registered and unregistered visits.
- Email notifications for new form submissions will now use the same styling as system emails (e.g. invitation email).
- On Android™ 9 it was not possible to receive push notifications when not having a Staffbase app installed before the Android™ upgrade. This has been fixed now.
- Post statistics did not show the correct count for sharing. This has been fixed and the count is again correct.
- In some cases, it happened that users couldn’t sign in to the app via SSO after signing out manually. This is fixed by adjusting the timeouts to ones provided by each identity provider.
- For companies that only use the SSO login, the link to reset the password was removed from the settings screen.
- In some cases, when starting to write an update post you did not get to the correct post creation dialog. This now works properly.
- Forms: When setting up a form, the button to delete email recipients is again working properly in all browsers.
- Forms: When setting up a form, adding a new field via drag and drop resulted in the unintentional selection of the first field of this form. This is fixed.
- Forms: Previously, when uploading an image into a form, only the uploaded image was visible and the field description disappeared. This is fixed and the the field description image for upload fields is now always visible.
- Maps: The maps background was not loading in some cases. Also the position of the search bar and navigation elements was incorrect. This is fixed.
- The admin interface showed an outdated example of a RSS URL to be used in the news channel settings. Using this RSS URL caused an error message. The URL has been updated.
- In some cases, changing a user’s data resulted in an empty changelog for this user. This is fixed and you can now see the full history of changes.
- The filter for user lists now also works properly for user groups with long names.
- CSV imports started by a user who was deleted in the meantime could not be continued or removed. All pending imports are now deleted when the user who started them is deleted.
- Admins of conditional groups are able to change and save them. Prior to this fix, this was only possible for system-wide administrators.
- In rare cases, API calls for post rankings did not get a response. This bug is fixed.
- The analytics API now returns CSV files as downloadable files.