The SharePoint® add-in Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint® enables you to synchronize news created in your SharePoint® with your Staffbase App. The add-in automatically copies articles from a SharePoint® list or library into a news channel of your app.
- You must have the role Global Administrator (O365) in SharePoint® to be allowed to install add-ins.
- Navigate to Site contents and open the SharePoint® store.
- Search Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint®.
- Add Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint® to your site collection.
SharePoint® Server 2013, 2016
On-Premise instances are not supported yet.
Configuration in the App
- Create a news channel of type Article in which the articles will be copied.
- Generate an API token with editorial access.
The title of the API token is displayed as the article author, later in the news channel.
- Copy the API token to your clipboard.
Configuration in SharePoint®
- Navigate to Site contents and open Staffbase News Sync.
- Select your hosting environment:
- If your app is hosted in the US American data center, select backend.staffbase.com.
- If your app is hosted in the German data center, select de.staffbase.com.
- Fill in the API token from the clipboard.
- Select the SharePoint® list or library and the according news channel in your app.
- Assign the fields to the columns in you SharePoint® list or library.
- Save the new connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and how often is news synchronized?
News are synchronized ad-hoc when created or edited in SharePoint®.
Which site templates are supported?
Supported types of site templates:
- Communication site
- Publishing site
Supported types of lists:
- Pages library
- Announcements list
- Custom list
Are comments and likes of articles also synchronized?
No, the add-in does not support synchronization of comments and likes.
Alternatively, you can create the news in the app and embed a view of the news channel in SharePoint®. Your users can then use comments and likes in the app, which are also displayed in SharePoint®. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Can I synchronize articles that are available in several language versions?
No, articles in several languages cannot yet be copied correctly.