The SharePoint add-in Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint enables you to synchronize news created in your SharePoint with your Staffbase App. The add-in automatically copies articles from a SharePoint list or library into a news channel of your app.
You must have the role Global Administrator (O365) in SharePoint to be allowed to install add-ins.
- Navigate to Site contents and open the SharePoint store.
- Search Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint.
- Add Staffbase News Sync for SharePoint to your site collection.
SharePoint Server 2013, 2016
Contact your Customer Success Manager for installation instructions and the installation file for the add-in.
Configuration in the App
- Create a news channel of type Article in which the articles will be copied.
- Generate an API token with editorial access.
The title of the API token is displayed as the article author, later in the news channel.
- Copy the API token to your clipboard.
Configuration in SharePoint
- Navigate to Site contents and open Staffbase News Sync.
- Select your hosting environment:
- If your app is hosted in the US American data center, select backend.staffbase.com.
- If your app is hosted in the German data center, select de.staffbase.com.
- Fill in the API token from the clipboard.
- Select the SharePoint list or library and the according news channel in your app.
- Assign the fields to the columns in you SharePoint list or library.
- Save the new connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and how often is news synchronized?
News are synchronized ad-hoc when created or edited in SharePoint.
Which site templates are supported?
Supported types of site templates:
- Communication site
- Publishing site
Supported types of lists:
- Pages library
- Announcements list
- Custom list
Are comments and likes of articles also synchronized?
No, the add-in does not support synchronization of comments and likes.
Alternatively, you can create the news in the app and embed a view of the news channel in SharePoint. Your users can then use comments and likes in the app, which are also displayed in SharePoint. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Can I synchronize articles that are available in several language versions?
No, articles in several languages cannot yet be copied correctly.