The Staffbase News WebPart for SharePoint enables you to show a Staffbase newsfeed within your SharePoint environment. This means that for any of your SharePoint sites, you can show the newsfeed of your choice from your employee app. Your SharePoint users are able to open single news posts within a dialog box, as well as like and comment on news posts within SharePoint. You can even add multiple newsfeeds to a given SharePoint site.
So what are the advantages?
- Users can see and interact with relevant content for a single topic without having to switch between interfaces
- Saves you the hassle of duplicating content in two platforms
- All likes, comments, and views by users using the webpart are saved in your employee app
- SharePoint and Staffbase data remain separate and secure
From a technical standpoint, the webpart is built as an ASP.net component and your Staffbase newsfeed is displayed in an iframe. Think of it as a live stream: newsfeed contents from your employee app can be viewed in SharePoint, but are not saved in SharePoint, keeping your content secure. Similarly, interactions with the web part are not recorded using users’ SharePoint identities. The newsfeed and all user interactions are registered under a user’s Staffbase identity. So, users will see a Staffbase sign-in screen in the add-in if they are not already signed in to their Staffbase account.
The Staffbase News WebPart is compatible with the following SharePoint versions:
- SharePoint 2013 On-Premise (classic experience only)
- SharePoint 2016 On-Premise (classic experience only)
- SharePoint 2019 On-Premise
- SharePoint Online
Create a bridge between your SharePoint and Staffbase platforms with the Staffbase News Webpart.