- The number of visitors measures the amount of unique users who have visited a post, page, or other content type. For example, if a user visits an article four separate times, they will only be counted once as a visitor.
- The number of visits measures the number of times the post, page, or other content type was accessed. For example, if one user visits an article 3 separate times, each visit is counted.
- Engaged user
- An engaged user is a user who has commented, liked, or shared a news post at least once during a selected date range. At this time, users engaging in other app interactions, such as using the chat or other plugins, are not counted towards the number of engaged users.
- Active user
- An active user is a user that has accessed the app at least once during a selected date range.
- Registered user
- A registered user is a user who has created a user account on your company app.
- Unregistered user
- An unregistered user is a user who does not have an account on your company app. Unregistered users are only able to access content in the public area of your app.
How long does it take for new activity to display in the Analytics Dashboard?
Currently, analytics data is updated every full hour. So, if a news post is published at 9:35, interactions with this post will not be visible in the Analytics dashboard until 10:00.
How are comments and likes counted in the Analytics dashboard?
In addition to regular comments, replies to comments and deleted comments are also counted in the total comment interactions. Similarly, likes that have been removed by the user also remain in the total count for likes. This is why the number of comments and likes on a post in the app may differ from the number displayed in the Analytics dashboard.
How does Analytics handle interactions for deleted content?
Statistics for deleted news posts are still included in the Analytics dashboard, but will display with the title <Deleted item>.
How do I interpret Analytics from different time zones?
All data will be displayed in the time zone of the administrator viewing the data.
How do I interpret the User Activity by Time graph in the Users tab?
The User Activity by Time graph in the Users tab of the Analytics dashboard displays user activity across the days of the week and times of day in shades of blue. You can use this graph to spot highs and lows in the average activity in order to better schedule content management activities, such as publishing posts or planning maintenance work. Hover over a time block to easily see the exact number of active users in the platform at that time.
When you select a period of over 7 days, the activity data for that time period is averaged across the week. If you select a time period of 14 days, each time slot will show the average number of active users. For a period of 30 days, that data is averaged and shown over the week. Averaged data is rounded up to the nearest whole number.
When you are viewing the current seven days, the data ends at the time you are viewing the graph. If you are checking it at 10 am on Thursday, it will not show any data past that time.