- Permissions to install an app in the App Catalog.
- Permissions to install and initialize webparts on SharePoint pages.
- You have downloaded the Staffbase News WebPart file to your local computer.
Installing the Staffbase News WebPart on a SharePoint Farm
The Staffbase News WebPart must only be installed once per SharePoint farm. It can then be used on any of your organization’s SharePoint Sites to sync various Staffbase newsfeeds.
- Login into your SharePoint account and navigate to the App Catalog.
Click Apps for SharePoint and upload the previously downloaded file, Staffbase News WebPart.
After successful upload, the webpart will be listed under your apps for SharePoint.
The Staffbase News WebPart is now available to be installed on any of your organization’s SharePoint Sites.
Initializing the Staffbase News WebPart for a Site on SharePoint Server
The Staffbase News WebPart must only be initialized once for each SharePoint Site.
- In SharePoint, navigate to your Site, where you plan to use the webpart and click Site Contents in the navigation menu.
- Click Add an app.
Select Staffbase News WebPart.
Once the Staffbase News WebPart has been successfully added, it will display in the Site Contents.
Click the Staffbase News Webpart icon to initialize the webpart.
The Staffbase News WebPart can now be added to this SharePoint Site.