Once the Staffbase News WebPart has been installed and initialized for your SharePoint Site, the webpart is available for you to add to the page of your choice. The Staffbase News WebPart allows your users to view and interact with a Staffbase newsfeed directly from a page on your SharePoint Site.
Staffbase News Web Part is no longer in active development and maintenance. Staffbase recommends using News Central for SharePoint instead within a SharePoint Online or Microsoft 365 environment.
- Permissions to add and configure a webpart on SharePoint pages.
- The skillset to add and configure webparts on SharePoint pages.
Adding a Staffbase News WebPart to a Classic Page
- On the desired SharePoint Site, navigate to the page on which you want to show the Staffbase News WebPart.
- Click Edit to switch to edit mode.
- Place the cursor in the web part zone, where you want to display the Staffbase News WebPart.
- In the editor menu, navigate to the Insert tab.
- Click App Part.
- Under Parts select Staffbase News and click Add.
Configuring a Staffbase News WebPart in Classic Experience
- After adding the Staffbase News Webpart to a page, click Edit Web Part to switch to edit mode.
- Expand the Staffbase News Settings section and paste the URL of your Staffbase news channel under Staffbase News URL.
- Optionally, enable a scrollbar in the webpart and adjust the dialog overlay size.
- Click Apply.
- In the settings, expand the section Appearance.
- Provide a title for your Staffbase News WebPart.
- Configure the width and height of the webpart.
Use width and height of at least 400 px so that the Staffbase sign-in screen is always fully visible to users who are not yet signed into the Staffbase app.
- Click Apply.
- Sign into the Staffbase app and adjust the width and height of the webpart to fit your specific newsfeed.
- Save the SharePoint page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.