Having one's shift plan at fingertips is crucial to every employee, who is on a shift work plan. With the Shift Plans plugin, users can view their personalised shift plans on their mobile devices or desktop workstations.
With the Shift Plans plugin employees can view:
- An overview of weekly shift plans
- A detailed view of a shift
In order to use the plugin, you need to set up an integration with your on-site shift planning tool.
Preparing the Web Service for the Shift Plans Plugin
To integrate your on-site shift planning tool with the Shift Plans plugin, build a web service that acts as a connector between your HR system and Staffbase platform. With the web service all relevant shift plan data is pulled from your HR system and is displayed on your employee app; however, the data is not saved on Staffbase servers.
The HR Services Specifications gives you all the required information to build a web service. If you need support to build a web service, one of our implementation partners could help you. For further information and assistance, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Installing the Shift Plans Plugin
- In the Studio, navigate to Add plugin.
- Click Install for the Shift Plans plugin.
- Provide title, visibility, and click Add Shift Plan.
The Shift Plans plugin is installed and you have added the first shift plan. The shift plan is not connected to your on-site shift planning tool yet.
Connect the Shift Plans Plugin to Your Web Service
After installing a Shift Plans plugin, connect it to the web service, in order to connect it with your on-site shift planning tool and Staffbase platform.
- In the Studio, navigate to the shift plan you added.
- Select the web service and click Next.
- Provide Service URL, Username, and Password for the web service.
To get this information, contact the developer of your web service.
- Click Apply.
You have connected the shift plan to the web service.
Setting up User Identification for Personalised Shift Plans Using a Custom Profile Field
You need to provide the personnel number an employee has in your HR system to Staffbase. This will enable the employee to access their personal shift plans. In order to do that, you need to create a custom profile field.
- In the Studio, navigate to Settings > Profile fields.
- Add a new field with the following settings.
- Title: hrintegrationid
- Input Type: Text
- Visibility: Editing and Tagging Options: Disabled
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
You have added a new profile field and can proceed to sync the user’s personnel number from the HR system.
Once the user synchronization of personnel number is completed, every user in the app can be identified and receives their personal shift plans.
Publish the Shift Plans Plugin
- In the Studio, navigate to the Shift Plans you want to publish.
- Click Publish.