If you want to link or embed login-protected content or services from outside the platform, the SAML Integrations plugin is one option that creates a seamless user experience. Once your IT configured the connection in the SAML Integrations plugin, app users that are logged in to the Staffbase platform can automatically access the login-protected content or service. The SAML Integrations plugin uses the SAML protocol, an industry standard, to authenticate a user’s identity between two systems. This is a valuable feature that makes confidential company data accessible in your employee platform or gives access to third-party services in a secure manner.
Embedding Login-Protected Content and Services with the SAML Integrations Plugin
Get support from your IT department to set up the SAML Integrations plugin for the SSO login.
After the connection is readily configured, you can make final adjustments before publishing.
- In the Experience Studio, navigate to SAML Integrations.
Click the SAML connection that you want to embed.
- Optionally, use the Live preview to see how the embedded content or service will look for your users.
- Optionally, click the gear wheel to open the settings and configure the visibility, editors, or further settings for this SAML integration and save them.
Click Publish to embed the login-protected content or service.
A new menu item with the embedded service is added to the platform.
Deeplinking to a Sub-Page of the Login-Protected Service
One great advantage of embedding with the SAML Integrations plugin is that you can directly link to a sub-page in the external content or service. This is called deeplinking. The sub-page in the external content or service is then embedded within the platform and appears to be a normal page within the app. The users will neither notice the login, nor that the content or service is provided from an external source.
- You have the complete link to the sub-page in the external content or service.
- Configure the SAML connection as described with the help of your IT department.
- Navigate to the SSO connection that gives access to the sub-page you want to link.
- Click the gear wheel to open the settings.
- For Visibility in the app, configure the SAML connection as Not visible.
- Click Save.
The SAML connection works, but is not visible to your users in the menu. To give your users access to the sub-page, you now configure the deeplink.
- Copy the link.
Paste the link in a text editing tool.
The link must not contain any spaces or hard breaks. If the link runs on to a new line in the text editor, this is fine.
Adjust the link as follows:
- Add /openlink/ after your custom domain.
- Add the path to the sub-page at the end /path-to-sub-page.
How Users Will View the Embedded Content in the App
For example, embed your Idea Portal with the SAML Integrations plugin and make it accessible as a menu item:
With the deeplinking technology, directly show a very popular idea in your idea portal: