Staffbase’s February release, available beginning February 13th, has something for everyone. @Mentions and an enhanced editorial experience make it easy for you to communicate, while our new features all-around HR services and legal documents make processes easier for your company. Take a look at all that the February release has to offer!
@Mentions Have Arrived!
Alerting your coworkers to relevant content is now faster and easier than ever. Just type the @ symbol and start typing a coworker’s first or last name. A dropdown list shows you all matching users and refines the list as you type to ensure that you mention the right coworker. When you are mentioned in a comment, you immediately receive a notification containing a direct link to the post. No more searching through feeds or bookmarks for that one post from last Monday. @Mentions take you right where your attention is needed, helping transform one-off comments into engaging conversations.
We will be rolling @mentions out to all customers in a few months, but you can get a jumpstart on the engaging potential of @mentions by activating early! @Mentions are a great way for coworkers to share their input with one another, alert each other to important content they might have missed, or simply to involve each other in topics of interest. Get the conversation started and drive engagement by activating @mentions in comments for your company free of charge!
HR Services as a Cornerstone of Your Employee Experience Platform
Digitalization in HR departments is gaining ground and the Staffbase platform fully supports you here! The latest addition to our essential HR plugins is the Shift Plans plugin. Show each employee their scheduled shifts and communicate changes in shift plans more easily than ever before. Every employee has 24/7 access to their personal schedules and the most recent shift plan. If you have a shift planning tool in place already, use the Shift Plans plugin to make these plans accessible to your employees. We are currently working on adding an out-of-the-box Kronos connector for the Shift Plans plugin. Reach out to us and let us know if you are interested in the Shift Plans plugin.
With our newly released HR Service Specifications, you can connect any HR service, no matter which HR tools you have on-site. Build your web service to establish a secure real-time connection between your on-site tool and the Staffbase platform, while relying on our user-friendly frontend for desktop and mobile. Your HR department uses their professional HR tool, while your users can access their shift plans or request a leave of absence via their smartphone. Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about these integration options.
A New Level of Editorial Experience
The Release 4.2 brings a whole new level of ease to the editorial experience. Editors will love the new Portfolio widget that makes it so much easier to present and link groups of similar content in a beautiful and organized way. This is perfect for presenting your departments, locations, or product lines in context with an image and a description.
After rolling out a variety of handy widgets for pages in our last release, we are taking widgets to the news, too. Editors can now give news articles a sleek, polished look with a selection of widgets, such as the Profile widget, Infobox widget, and more! Widgets truly give everything from corporate news to quick updates a fresh new look. Both of these new features — the Portfolio widget for pages and selected widgets for news articles — are available for Dynamic Pages customers.
We’ve got great news for all customers, too! We want to give your editors the tools to bring their content to the next level and engage readers in new ways. That’s why we’re rolling out a set of classic widgets for pages to all apps. Open your pages editor and get creative with the widgets for Static Content, News Stage, News Feed, Link List, and Link Tiles. But widgets aren’t the only thing editors have to look forward to in this release! Tables and headings are now available in news and we’ve enhanced formatting options across pages and news. Looking to start transitioning your content to incorporate these new tools right away? Reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy editing!
New Beta Version of Legal Documents Makes Legal Compliance Easy
When it comes to legal compliance, you can make your job as an admin easier and make your legal department happy with our brand-new beta features for the targeting, versioning, and confirmation of legal documents.
Now, it’s possible to have different policies and guidelines for confirmation by different app users, before they’re allowed to enter the app. You can have different documents for the different entities, countries, or employee roles of your organization. Just group your users accordingly and set up each legal document in the Studio.
Sound like something for your company? Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to see if this Enterprise feature is a good fit for you.
4.2.0 - February 13, 2020
With a new beta feature, Staffbase now offers the possibility to link pre-filtered open group choosers. Boost open group participation by presenting users with fewer, but more relevant open group options pre-filtered in the open group chooser; for example, by interest groups at a specific location, canteen options, departmental news, and much more.
- A beta version of the new malware scanner is now available on the Staffbase platform for an additional layer of security. The malware scanner further protects users by scanning files for malicious code. Contact your Customer Success Manager to activate.
- Our new pilot solution for automating user synchronization using SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) is now available for interested customers running the Azure Active Directory. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information on this feature.
- The minimum version for native apps has been raised to 3.4. Users that are still using older app versions will receive a notice to update their app.
- Replies to comments are now also counted in the total number of comments on a post.
- Localizations in the Studio have been improved.
- The horizontal menu now uses the channel visibility settings and hidden channels are not displayed in the menu.
- In some cases, the third level flyout of the horizontal menu was cut off. Now all levels of the menu open as expected.
- Linked legal documents sometimes opened behind the dialogue and could not be read. This has been fixed and legal documents now open consistently.
- An error occurred when simultaneously sending out more than 10,000 messages with the anniversary bot. The anniversary bot now sends all planned messages regardless of the number of recipients.
- When saving a post with no title, uploaded videos disappeared. This has been resolved.
- Links to phone numbers are functioning correctly once again in the news editor.
- Embedding a self-hosted video as an article image without adding a preview picture was not possible. This issue has been solved.
4.1.7 - January 8, 2020
- Developers using one of the Staffbase APIs, now find the required base URL in the Studio under Settings > API access.
- How plugins retrieve localizations has been optimized. This ensures that all available languages can be used with all plugins provided by Staffbase.
- Users now experience a responsive design when navigating the Employee Directory plugin.
- The channel visibility settings (always visible, only visible when active, never visible) will now apply to Horizontal menu.
- When deleting items from the trash, the user could end up with a wrong page number being shown. This has been fixed.
- In rare cases, a space admin could not see all the available content, for example news channels, in the Studio. This does not happen anymore.
- In the Studio, a channel editor was not able to navigate to the trash option on the admin menu. It showed the page as loading, which has been fixed.
- In the Studio, when a wide image was uploaded for logo, it resulted in misaligned elements in the preview. This has been fixed.
- In the Studio, when you clicked an item in the content section of the admin menu, it could happen that the admin menu scrolled to the top. This does not happen any longer.
- In certain cases, uploading a video from your device to a new post was not possible. This has been fixed and you can upload a video from your device.
- The update posts were shown empty when using content via an RSS feed. This has been fixed.
- In the new newsfeed, update posts created from an RSS feed didn’t not have the link to the external source from which it was created. This is fixed.
- When switching between viewing top and recent news, the newsfeed did not display top news properly. The view “Top News” now works again.
- When creating an open user group, the membership type was incorrectly displayed. This has been fixed.
- In certain cases, it was not possible to export the analytics data. This has been fixed.
- In very rare cases, new users signing up via a Safari browser couldn’t finish the sign up. Signing up now also works via a Safari browser.
- In cases, where there are many items in a third-level flyout of a horizontal menu, the flyout was not displayed in the correct position. This has been fixed.
- On horizontal menu, custom icons for light and dark themes were not displayed as expected. This has been fixed.
- When the email field was left blank during CSV import, e-mail addresses were not removed from user profiles. This has been fixed.
- Recovery codes could not be removed using CSV import. This has been fixed.
4.1.6 - November 27, 2019
- The help text for access codes and one-time passwords in the Studio has been improved.
- Icons in the sign-in dialog have been optimized.
- Users now experience a responsive design when navigating the Employee Directory plugin.
- Performance improvements for large customers with several thousand pages.
- Special characters can now be used in open user group titles, as well when searching for a group.
- In rare cases, login via single sign-on was not possible due to a platform update. This has been fixed.
- In rare cases, the trash appeared as empty after deleting only a selection of items. This has been fixed.
- The preview for iPhone was not showing correctly in the branding page of the Studio. The preview now displays correctly.
- Sometimes posts in the notification center displayed in a different language than in the newsfeed. The notification center now uses the content language of the newsfeed.
- When viewing a draft page in preview mode, updates to that page where not displayed when the page was refreshed. The page was instead redirected to the homepage. Now, the updates to a draft page display after refreshing.
- When opening PDF files on iOS devices, a white box blocked out the page count in the header. This has been resolved
- The scroll function was not working in the dialog to confirm legal documents when the text was long. This has been fixed.
4.1.5 - November 13, 2019
- The search function was adjusted so that it is no longer possible for users to find the identifiers of other users.
- An extra layer of security has been added to password recovery which detects and blocks brute force attacks.
- The flexible search has been expanded to include results that contain similar versions of a letter with or without diacritical signs. For example, the search “Senor” yields “Señor” in the search results.
- The Advent calendar cut off the text preview of answers exceeding 50 characters once saved. This has been fixed and users can no longer type beyond the character limit.
- In the Advent Calendar quiz, only the first answer could be selected on Chrome browser. Any answer can now be selected.
- The autoslide function on new news slider (Beta) remained activated even when only one post was available. Single posts are now displayed statically in the news slider.
- In some cases, video preview images for update posts were not displayed in the newsfeed. This has been fixed.
- The delete dialogs are labeled consistently to prevent confusion.
- Date formats were displayed suboptimally when using traditional or simplified Chinese. This has been changed.
- News channels were still available in global search even after being unpublished. This has been fixed.
- The alignment of dialogs during CSV imports has been corrected.
- In some cases, the access code disappeared from the pending user’s details in the Studio if the user sign-up process was not completed. This has been fixed.
- The Anniversary Bot sent out unexpected messages when the date format of the profile field was incorrect, which has been fixed.
- In certain cases, active plugin sessions became invalid. This does not happen anymore. Now by default, plugin session have a minimum lifespan of 24 hours.
- In some cases, the button to update the mobile app was not clickable. This now works as expected.
- After restarting the app, an incorrect login dialog was displayed in rare cases. This has been fixed.
4.1.4 - October 30, 2019
- In the Launchpad, app titles can take up to two lines in now.
- When creating a group type in the Studio, the group type is now pre-selected based on the tab that the admin has selected, either open group or internal group.
- When using Internet Explorer 11, embedded pages were not appearing with 100% height when the horizontal menu is enabled. Embedded pages are now displaying correctly.
- When using Internet Explorer 11, the 3rd level of the horizontal menu was cut off. All menu levels now display correctly in the horizontal menu.
- Hiding items in the horizontal menu with CSS caused errors throughout the menu. This has been fixed.
- The preview image for movingimage videos were not displayed in update channels. Preview images now display correctly throughout the app.
- When a user tried to recover their account using recovery code with session cookies enabled, the new password field was not displayed. This has been fixed.
- File uploads that did not have image preview failed. This has been fixed.
- The URL for the Employee Directory was not displaying correctly. This has been fixed.
- When saving a post in the Studio, some channels disappeared. This has been fixed.