Mandatory groups allow you to make content mandatory for certain users, who are not able to unsubscribe. For users who are able to view the group content, but are not marked as mandatory, the group will function like a normal open group, allowing them to subscribe and unsubscribe from content as desired. This is useful, for example, for promoting transparency in your company or making locational information available to traveling workers.
A group identifier is an attribute that you configure at the group and then reuse to automatically add users to this group. This is how you start to set up a mandatory group.
- You have created an open group.
- In the admin interface, navigate to Users > User groups.
- Click on the tab Open groups.
- Navigate to the open group to which you want to add mandatory members.
- Click Edit group.
A dialog to edit the group opens.
- In the field Identifier, provide a unique identifier for this group.
- Click Save.
All users with this group identifier associated to their profile will be automatically added to this group as mandatory members.