Group identifiers can only be added to a user profile via CSV import. Once a group identifier has been added to the user profile, the user will automatically be added to the group and is not able to unsubscribe.
- You have created an open group.
- You have added identifiers to open groups you want to add users to.
Adding Identifiers to a CSV File
Once you have added an identifier to an open group, you can designate users as mandatory members of the group using this identifier. Create a designated column in your user CSV for open group tags and add the appropriate identifier for each user.
You can also add users to multiple mandatory groups simultaneously. To do this, simply enter multiple group identifiers in the cell in the following format:
- Open the CSV file containing your user data.
- Create one column for mandatory group identifiers.
- Add the appropriate identifiers for each user in the column you have just created.
Be sure to use the identifier name as it appears in the open group settings. It is possible to add multiple identifiers for users who you want to add to multiple groups by separating the identifiers with a comma.
- Save changes to your CSV file.
Assigning Users as Mandatory Members of an Open Group Through CSV Import
- In the Studio, navigate to Users > User import and sync.
- Click Start new import.
- Upload the CSV file you have just edited and click Continue.
- Using the dropdown menus, select the field that corresponds with the values in each column.
For the column designated for group identifiers, select Mandatory groups (open groups only).
- Click Continue.
Review the overview of changes and click Perform import.
A dialog asking you to confirm your import opens.
- To proceed with the import, click Perform import.
A dialog will open with an overview of changes after successful import.
Group identifiers have been added to the corresponding user profiles and users have been synced as mandatory members to open groups.
Please sign in to leave a comment.