Once you have created an open group, users can subscribe and unsubscribe from the group as desired. You can, however, also add and delete users manually via the Studio for any configuration of an open group. Although performed by an administrator, adding or deleting a user manually from an open group does not make the action permanent. A user can always rejoin an open group they have been deleted from.
Adding Users to an Open Group Manually
- In the Studio, navigate to User Settings > User Groups.
- Select the open group to which you want to add a member.
- Click Add members.
- Type in the name of the user you want to add to the group.
- Click Add.
The user has been added to the open group. The user’s app will automatically refresh to reflect the content of the open group to which they have been added.
Deleting Users from an Open Group Manually
- In the Studio, navigate to Users > User Groups.
- Select the open group from which want to delete a member.
- Hover over the user you would like to delete and click on the X to remove.
A dialog opens to confirm removal of the user from the user group.
The user has been delete from the open group. The deleted user will no longer see content published for this open user group, but can rejoin the group at any time.