This Release Includes New Navigation Options With Quick Links, Translation of Comments for Better Communication in International Teams as Well as the First Step Towards Statistics on App Usage with the Analytics API
These new features will be available with the rollout on August 7, 2018:
- With the new customizable Quick Links you make important sections of your app quickly accessible. For example, you can place a popular news channel or an often-used form within easy reach for all app users. In native apps and mobile browsers, the quick links are an additional navigation bar that displays the icons for each quick link at the bottom. Admins activate the quick links company-wide and have full control in regard to the position and naming of the quick link items. Quick links also work with Spaces so that users only see quick links that work for them. The feature is still in beta mode, contact your Customer Success Manager to try it out.
- Engaging users in a multi-lingual app can be challenging. With on-demand translations for comments, the interaction between your app users is much easier. Once activated company-wide, users see the option to get comments translated into their profile language. The translation is an automated machine translation and works for comments written or edited after the activation of the feature. Thus, users can now read and write comments in their native tongue which reduces language barriers and encourages direct communication. Contact your Customer Success Manager to activate the on-demand translations.
- Our app statistics are on their way to the next level. As a first step, the Analytics API is ready with this release. Now, our infrastructure makes it possible to get statistics for news posts, content, chat activities and user engagement. This includes, for example, the number of visits, comments, likes, and shares. Currently, all this data is only accessible via the API. If you are interested, get in touch with your Customer Success Manager and read our Analytics API documentation. We are working on further improvement to offer analytics in the Studio. Watch out for the next releases.
- The user management lists received new filters. You are now able to focus your user search on signin type, creation type, user roles, and user groups. All filters are available in all user management lists, that is, for registered, pending, and deactivated users. The filters replace the formerly used tabs in the pending user list.
The app update is available starting August 7, 2018. To learn more about our new features also read our blogpost and watch the release video.
- Polish is now available as an app interface language.
- SDK: The new Plugin Client SDK makes it easier for plugin developers to solve more complex use cases. Now you can retrieve available company languages as well as information about the app client. The SDK also allows opening a link through the core app. Get in touch with your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
- SDK: The Plugin Server SDK now sends a notification when a third-party plugin has been removed from an app. This allows the plugin developer to properly delete all related data on the third-party server. The SDKs for Java and PHP are updated on GitHub.
- Calendar: Black is now available as a color for events in the calendar.
- Forms: Polish is now available as an interface language in Forms.
- Admins are now able to start the account recovery process for a user. For users with an email address, the option is available in the Edit user dialog.
- The button to send a chat message is now only enabled when the user has entered valid content to send.
- The app loads faster now due to improvements when loading the chat and the menu.
- Deeplinks now also work if the user is momentarily signed out of the app. In this case, the deep link leads to the sign-in page and then after the sign-in it continues to the linked content.
- Account recovery is easier now for users that have the option to sign in with either email or username. From now on both credentials work for the account recovery.
- For an editor or author who had permission to one news channel only, the dialogue for selecting the news channel was displayed incorrectly. The dialogue is skipped now and the news channel is selected automatically.
- Forms: Date fields in the Forms plugin have a fresh look with a calendar icon to make their function clear. For an improved user experience, the date fields use the device’s native date picker where available.
- Forms: The Studio for the form submissions has been improved. The dropdown selection for switching between versions is now above the list to make it more visible. The description also has clearer wording now.
- The User API documentation was updated.
- Adding a user to a conditional group through tags now works again when syncing user data from an AD via LDAP.
- In some cases, users got stuck in the signup process after entering an incorrect email address. They were not able to proceed, even when entering a valid email address. The signup works properly now.
- In notification emails, links to content within the app did not work correctly. This has now been fixed.
- When an administrator sent email invitations via the system, the invited user’s profile language was set to the administrator's profile language.
Now, the user’s content language is set to the user’s device language.
- On iOS, the Back button was not visible in some cases and users could get stuck in the settings dialog. This has been fixed and the Back button is always visible now.
- In rare cases, the layout of the app broke after embedding a page. The handling of embedded pages now to prevents that from happening.
- On Android 4.4, update posts with several attachments were not displayed correctly. Scrolling through comments also caused the layout to break. Both issues have been fixed.
- When saving a comment while still uploading an attachment, two comments were created. The first comment contained the text, the second the picture. Sending a comment is now prevented until the upload is completed.
- For very long comments with attached images, the full-screen image view was broken and the image was not visible. Now the image is displayed with a maximum of 300 characters of the comment text.
- Edited comments were counted as a new comment. Only after the page was reloaded, the comment count adjusted. The comment counter now works properly.
- Forms: When selecting a date in the date picker, some dates showed up in the wrong format in the form and the submissions export. This has been fixed and all dates are now shown in the correct format.
- Forms: On iOS using the Safari browser, selecting and editing choice fields did not work for some single choice and multiple-choice fields. This is fixed now.
- Event Registration: In the list of events, if an event description was too long, the description ran into the text of the following events. Now the whole description of 150 characters is shown properly.
- Maps: Some parts of a map were not loading correctly depending on the speed of the internet connection. This has now been fixed to load consistently no matter the speed of the connection.
- SurveyMonkey: The preview of a survey was not loading in the Studio. Because the vendor has put up restrictions that prevent showing previews embedded in the app, this has now been replaced by a link to the SurveyMonkey website that shows the survey result.
- Changing browser tabs while using the Chat in the Studio caused the reloading of the tab with the chat. After the reload, the dashboard was shown instead of the Chat. This is fixed now.
- After moving a plugin to a new Space the settings of a plugin were still shown, even if the plugin was already in a different Space than the selected one. Now the Settings view closes and returns to the currently selected Space.
- After deleting a space admin, the former admin still appeared in the space admin list. This is fixed now.
- HTML formatted content and script code are no longer passed through to profile fields. This improves app security and ensures proper layout in the app.
- When verifying a new domain for the email self-sign-up, the verification link was not working. The link works properly now.
- When using the 12-hour time format, “am” and “pm” was not shown properly. This is fixed now.
- It was possible to remove users from a tag-based user group in the Studio. That should not have been possible and caused a mistake. Tag-based user groups are now protected against removing users.