This Release Brings an Enourmous Makeover of the User Onboarding, as Well as Improvements for Spaces, Sharing of Public Content, and the Chat
- User onboarding received an enormous makeover: You can now choose from a wide range of signup methods and combine them for maximum reach of your app! Get in touch with your Customer Success Manager for more details on how to fully leverage all of the new onboarding options.
- Spaces are now available for everyone: Since the Beta Release in February, we gathered feedback from participating customers in the beta testing. We now offer the Spaces feature with advanced options for content targeting in enhanced design. If you have not previously used Spaces, the only change is the new button in the menu of the admin interface that lets you create a Space if needed.
- Let your employees be advocates for your company: With our new sharing feature, public posts and pages can now be shared easily on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or via email. On smartphones, users can directly select the app of their choice for sharing on social media.
- Keeping the chat inbox well organized with the chat archive: Now you can archive chat conversations to keep your inbox orderly. Archived conversations remain available and can be retrieved anytime. New messages will automatically move conversations back to the inbox.
Also see our release blogpost with the video that takes you through the new features.
- The signup flow now allows more flexibility on what information the user has to provide. You can configure whether name, email, username, or new password are mandatory for your users.
- You can now combine all password recovery options for mixed cases of email and non-email users.
- The dialogs to invite and edit users now provides many more options and offer more help texts to assist admins.
- Admins are now allowed to edit email addresses of users. Email addresses that users enter themselves cannot be accessed or edited by admins.
- Admins can now set email- and code-based password recovery options through CSV import and manual user editing.
- Using the password recovery option now uses a code that once used must be replaced with a new password. For improved user experience, password recovery emails now have a link that directly opens the password reset dialog and fills in the recovery code.
- The login views for admins and users have been consolidated to create a streamlined branded experience for everyone.
- A Space can now be given a different name than the user group it is based on.
- You now decide the order of content in the user menu by sorting the order of Spaces in the admin interface.
- Searching of Spaces is now possible to support cases with multiple Spaces.
- The Space chooser in the sidebar menu of the admin interface was reworked to allow easy navigation between Spaces.
- Russian and Romanian are now available as app interface languages.
- Android push notifications are now shown separately so that you can see each of them individually. After opening one notification, the others remain visible until cleared.
- It is now possible to directly link to the group setup dialog; for example, to promote choosing a group via your startpage. To create a link to the group chooser, use: [your.app.domain]/settings/groups
- You can now target custom CSS for individual users or user groups. Each user or user group is addressable with the respective CSS classes added to the <html> root element.
- Forms: The user interface of the Forms plugin has been localized for 10 more languages, including French, Chinese, Italian, and Spanish, making the experience with the actual app more seamless.
- Calendars: Events can now be exported as ICS files. This allows you to easily add them to your device calendar.
- Event Registration: Events can now be exported as ICS files. This allows you to easily add them to your device calendar.
- The bulk actions for news posts have a new option: you can now move multiple posts to a different channel simultaneously.
- Several new content languages were added so that you can create content translations for Bulgarian, Estonian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Macedonian, Romanian, Serbian, and Ukrainian.
- When accessing the idea portal for the first time, the admin’s basic user information is transferred to the third party provider Aha. We added a dialog to inform admins about this and give them the option to cancel.
- The dropdown menu on the top right of the web app has been improved. Menu points are structured clearly and similar content is now grouped together.
- Using embedded pages and iFrames is now even safer. The security was improved so that embedded pages and iFrames can no longer access app data.
- High-efficiency pictures are not supported on the latest iOS 11 devices. The error message that appears in this case has been improved.
- Subtitles in videos are now supported in beta mode. You can add VTT files with the subtitles in the source code view of the news post. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more details.
- Google and other search engines are now actively prevented from showing Staffbase web apps in their search results.
- Links to your employee app on mobile are directly opened in the native app if it is installed. This handling has been improved to always open in the correct app, if multiple Staffbase apps are installed.
- Forms: When using a form that could only be submitted once, users had no option to see this submission afterwards. This is possible now.
- Plugins are now using the device’s language to decide on the localization of their user interface, such as buttons, static texts, and system messages.
- The file upload limit in plugins has been raised to 25 MB to be in line with the rest of the app and admin interface.
- The dropdown menu on the top right of the admin interface has been improved. The menu points are structured clearly, and similar content is now grouped together.
- Statistics on the admin dashboard did not include all likes and comments throughout the app. Now, replies and likes on comments are also taken into account.
- You can now set the sender address of emails from the system. This is useful, for example, to show a sender that is from your company domain. This adjustment requires a small configuration effort from your IT. Please let us know if you are interested.
- HTML formatted content is no longer passed through to emails.
- Targeting start page widgets to individual user groups was not working. This has been fixed.
- The news stage widget was not loading properly on Internet Explorer 10. This has been fixed.
- Long links were incorrectly cut off in chat messages in the Internet Explorer browser. This has been fixed.
- Some embedded pages and links with complex redirect flows were not loading on iOS devices anymore. This has been fixed.
- On iOS devices it was not possible to download files through some plugins, embedded pages, and links. This has been fixed.
- In rare situations, users were able to log in to more devices in parallel than admin allowed in the security settings. This has been fixed and the security settings work properly now.
- On Android devices, the web app did not load in the Firefox® browser version 57 and higher. This works now.
- When leaving the app while it was still launching, the content menu would subsequently no longer work. The menu now works properly again.
- Input to each of the profile fields is now limited to 1024 characters, preventing unnecessarily long input.
- When using custom profile fields of type web URL, users would see an error when clicking the link in the mobile app. This has been fixed to correctly open the link now.
- The rendering of forms in the app now works properly and shows all elements and fields at the same time while loading the form.
- In the Safari browser, the CSV export of submissions failed when opening the administration of plugins and directly clicking on the export button. This has been fixed.
- Calendars: After creating a new event, the calendar navigation buttons were momentarily blocked. They are immediately available now.
- Employee Happiness: Depending on your device’s language and region settings, the happiness graph for admins was using incorrect dates. Now it works for all language and region settings.
- Plugins were sometimes showing errors when left open in the background for several hours and then returning to them. This has been improved.
- Sometimes dialogs for unsaved changes were shown although nothing had changed in a plugin’s settings page. This no longer happens.
- In rare cases the preview of content did not work for editors and authors in the admin interface. This has been fixed.
- Editors were not able to remove a scheduled unpublication time of a news post after setting it. This works again now.
- When moving a news post to a channel with different visibility settings, comments were not always shown to the other users. Now comments are moved correctly as well.
- User group management now works properly for regular users and editors who are also user group admins. Previously such user group admins without system-wide administration rights experienced various bugs when managing user groups.
- After using the search in the user management list, it was not possible to switch to another result page other than the first one shown. This now works again.
- When filtering the user CSV export to get only pending invitations and deactivated users, the export would show an error. Now all filter options can be used again.
- After uploading a images with transparency, they would not be visible in the cropping window. Now transparent images can be cropped again.
- Deleting a language version of a page or news post did not work properly if the page or news post was empty. This has been fixed.