Getting the Information Staffbase Needs
- Sign in to your Apple Developer account.
- Go to Membership.
- Note down the Team ID of your Apple Developer account.
- Right-click on the Team Agent and copy the email address. This is the Apple ID of your Apple® Developer account.
- Send the following information to Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager:
- Team ID
- Email address (Apple ID)
Transfer of the App
- Staffbase will schedule the transfer to your App Store account.
As soon as this transfer is initiated your Team Agent will receive an email notification.
- To accept the transfer sign in to App Store Connect as a Team Agent
- On the yellow appearing message click Agreements, Tax and Banking.
- Review the transfer agreement and click Done.
- Enter your Company Name, Support URL, and Marketing URL.
The Support URL and Marketing URL can be your standard homepage.
- Complete the fields for the app review contact information.
- Read and agree on the terms of the Application Transfer Agreement.
After Apple has finished transferring the app, the app will show in your App Store Connect profile. It can take up to two business days, during which the app status is Processing App Transfer.
Users will most probably not notice this migration process and during this time, the functionality of the app is guaranteed.
The only exception being push notifications, which will start working again as soon as Staffbase has the certificate that will matches your app store account. Continue with creating the new certificates to get push notifications activated as soon as possible.
Creating New Certificates
When transferring the app to a new app store account the certificates must match that account. Therefore we need you to create new certificates and send them to Staffbase so that we can integrate them in your app.
- Create the iOS Distribution certificate. Read here how to create the certificate.
If you set a password for the iOS Distribution certificate, Staffbase will need to know it.
- Create the Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production)certificate. Read here how an SSL certificate is created, but make sure to select the type Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production).
Do not set a password for the Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) certificate!
- Create the provisioning profiles of type App Store and type Ad hoc as described here.
You can include a list of test devices in the profile of type Ad hoc.
Sending App Details to Staffbase
As soon as you have set up the certificates and provisioning profiles we are ready to prepare your new app. Send all the files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Apple Developer account we need the following files:
- iOS Distribution certificate file that you downloaded and converted to .p12
- Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) certificate file that you downloaded and converted to .p12
- iOS Provisioning profile file of type App Store that you downloaded as .mobileprovision
- iOS Provisioning profile file of type Ad Hoc that you downloaded as .mobileprovision
Additional Helpful Information
For more informations regarding the transfer process on iOS, please visit the following link: https://help.apple.com or ask Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager.