Staffbase SMS enhances communication by allowing you to send text messages to employees through SMS. Integrated with Twilio's messaging platform, SMS ensures reliability, high open rates, and easy access.
- Obtain account settings from the Twilio Console, see Prerequisites.
- Recipients' phone numbers are taken from the Profile field in the Studio.
- If there is an active phone number in the Profile field, messages are sent to:
- Active users
- Pending users
- Deactivated users
- Messages are not sent to:
- Deleted users
- You have set up a paid Twilio account with a sender phone number. This is the phone number from which messages will be sent in the Studio. Learn more
- For sending SMS to recipients in the United States, you have completed A2P registration.
- You have copied the following information from the Twilio Console dashboard to configure SMS in the Staffbase Studio:
- Account SID
- Authorization token
- My Twilio phone number
- In the Studio, navigate to SMS > SMS Settings.
The SMS Settings page opens.
- Under Account SID, paste the account SID from your Twilio account.
- Under Authorization Token, paste the authorization token from your Twilio account.
- Under Sender Number, paste the My Twilio Number from your Twilio account.
- Under Recipients Phone Number Type, select the preferred number type based on the recipients' profiles. For example, work number.
- Click Save.
You can now send SMS from the Staffbase Studio.