Surveys allow you to gather feedback from your employees. Using surveys with multiple questions, you can customize your surveys with the different question types. Send out notifications to let your employees know that you want their opinions. Learn more.
You can embed individual surveys onto individual pages, news posts, and journey posts using the Plugin widget. This way, you can make the survey available on a newly introduced policy page, an important news item, or as a part of the onboarding journey and elicit your employees' sentiments on it. Once the user submits the survey, they will see a text stating they have already answered.
For example, you want to gather feedback about a recent company retreat. Simply include a survey with multiple questions requesting thoughts directly on the retreat’s landing page using the Plugin widget.
The widget remains on the content even after the survey ends. In that case, an error message displays. Remember to remove the widget when the survey ends so the error message is not displayed.
- Your platform has the option to create surveys with multiple questions.
- Your platform has the Plugin widget.
- You have published the survey you want to embed.
In order to embed a survey, you need to add and configure the Plugin widget on the news post, page, or journey step.
Adding the Plugin Widget
In order to embed a survey, you need to add and configure the Plugin widget on your desired content.
- In the Studio, navigate to Content.
- Navigate to the page, news article post, or journey step in which you want to embed the survey.
Add the Plugin widget.
The Plugin Widget dialog opens.
You have added the Plugin widget and can now configure it for the Surveys plugin.
Configuring the Plugin Widget for Surveys
After adding the Plugin widget to your content, you need to configure it to include your published survey.
- Optionally, provide a title.
The title will be displayed above the widget and be visible to your users.
- Select on which types of devices the widget can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- Select for which users you want to make the widget visible under Visibility in the app.
- From the Plugin dropdown menu, select Surveys.
- From the Survey dropdown menu, select the published survey you want to embed.
- Turn on the Enable Interactions toggle to enable user interactions on the widget, such as zooming and clicking.
Users can answer the survey irrespective of whether this option is enabled or disabled.
- Turn on the Enable Scrolling toggle to enable scrolling in the widget.
- Click OK.
You have embedded a survey onto a page, news post, or journey step. Users can now answer it directly from the content itself.
How an Embedded Survey Looks for Users
This is how a survey embedded on a page can look for your users.