Creating a New App
- Open the Google Play™ Console.
- Click Create Application.
- Fill in the app name.
Staffbase recommends to use the same app name for the Google Play™ Store and the Apple App Store®. For the Apple App Store® the app name must follow the Apple® guidelines.
Do not use "employee app" as your app name. Apple® requires the app to have public relevance instead of focussing on a single target group.
- Set the primary app language.
- Click Create.
The Store Listing forms for the new app are displayed.
Adding the Store Listing
- Staffbase provides you with the screenshots of your app. You need the screenshots to fill the store listing.
- In the Store Listing forms, make sure all the required languages are set.
- For each language:
- Add a localized title for store profile.
- Add a short description. The short description is shown above the store description.
- Add the store description.
Mentioning the following points:
- Introduce your company, e.g., your field of service and your typical customers.
- Describe your app’s target audience as partners, employees, and customers.
- Explain the content that will be available in the public area, e.g., company news, event reviews, and jobs.
- Mention features like push notifications.
This app keeps you up-to-date regarding information and news about company ABC. With push notifications, you know what’s going on - always and everywhere. On top of that, the app offers the following features: [...] Stay tuned!
- Add the screenshots of your app Staffbase provided you. The screenshots are made made on a smartphone and a tablet. Upload the screenshot to the respective tabs.
- Add the app icon (Hi-res icon) and the Android™ Feature Graphic.
- Select the Application type "Applications".
- Select the Category "Communication".
- Set the email address. Make sure that you have access to the email address.
Google Play™ will contact you through this email address and it will also be used as the contact email address on your Google Play™ Store profile.
Staffbase recommends using an email account that is accessible for all app administrators, e.g., email@example.com. If possible, do not use a personal email address, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Save Draft.
Configuring Pricing & Distribution
- Navigate to Pricing & distribution.
- Select the countries, usually you set this to available for all countries.
If you restrict the availability of your app to certain countries, only employees with app store accounts in those countries will be able to find and download your app in the stores. The geographical location of the employee does not matter for accessing the app store.
For example, an app is only available in the French app store. In this case an US American employee would not be able to see the app. A French employee who resides in the USA will still be able to download and use the app while being in the USA.
- Answer the following questions honestly, for your employee app the answer will always be no:
- Primarily Child-Directed
- Contains ads
- Activate the checkbox for Content guidelines.
- Activate the checkbox for US export laws.
- Click Save Draft.