As soon as everything is set up and we have built your app, you are ready to upload your app to the Google Play Store.
Uploading the App File
- Staffbase provides you with the app file as soon as everything is ready. From the zip file you receive from us you need the .apk file.
- Open the Google Play Console and navigate to the Release Management > Manage production.
- Click Create Release.
- Deactivate the App Signing.
- Upload the .apk file.
This can take a few minutes. Afterwards the version information are filled in automatically.
- Double check the version information.
- Click Save.
The review process from Google can take up to several days. You will receive a notification in your admin dashboard with an estimated review time.
Configuring the Content Rating
- In the Google Play Console, navigate to the Store presence > Content rating.
- Click Continue to start the content rating.
- Enter your email address and confirm it.
- Choose the app category Utility, Productivity, Communication, or Other.
- Answer the questions honestly. For your employee app the answers will mostly be no, except for one question. In the section Misc, answer the question whether your app natively allows users to interact or exchange content with other users with yes.
- Click Calculate Rating.
The rating result is displayed.
- Click Apply Rating.
Defining the App Content
You need to define the target audience for the app content. This helps Google to ensure that any apps designed for children are safe and appropriate. It is important to define accurately, as this can lead to the rejection of the app if Google disagrees with your defined target audience.
- In the Google Play Console, navigate to Store presence > App content.
- Click Start to define the app content.
- Select the target age group and click Next.
- Continue to provide details on App, Ads and Store presence, and click Next.
- Review the Summary and click Submit.
Rolling Out the App on the Google Play Store
- In the Google Play Console, navigate to App releases > Edit release > Review > Start rollout to production.
- Confirm that you want to make the app available on the Google Play Store.
It can take a few hours until your app is processed and available on the Google Play Store.