As soon as everything is set up and we have built your app you are ready to upload your app into the store.
Uploading the App File
- Staffbase provides you with the app file as soon as everything is ready. From the zip file you receive from us you need the .apk file.
- Open the Google Play Developer Console and navigate to the Release Management > Manage production.
- Click Create Release.
- Deactivate the App Signing.
- Upload the .apk file.
This can take a few minutes. Afterwards the version information are filled in automatically.
- Double check the version information.
- Click Save.
It can take up to 1 day until Google has processed your app.
Configuring the Content Rating
- In the Google Play Developer Console, navigate to the Store presence > Content rating.
- Click Continue to start the content rating.
- Enter your email address and confirm it.
- Choose the app category Utility, Productivity, Communication, or Other.
- Answer the questions honestly. For your employee app the answers will mostly be no, except for one question. In the section Misc, answer the question whether your app natively allows users to interact or exchange content with other users with yes.
- Click Calculate Rating.
The rating result is displayed.
- Click Apply Rating.
Rolling Out the App to the Play Store
- In the Google Play Developer Console, navigate to App releases > Edit release > Review > Start rollout to production.
- Confirm that you want to make the app available in the Google Play Store.
It can take a few hours until your app is processed and available in the Google Play Store.